OK, so you probably think we are mad talking about swim shorts in November, but there is method behind our madness we promise! There aren’t many people out there who can afford to have one wardrobe for summer and one for autumn, but merging the two is quite tricky! With the weather changing on a daily basis, it may not be time to bust out the chunky knits just yet, but also your head to toe white outfit is not going to work either!
So, what is a style-savvy person to do? We’ve sifted through some of our favourite street style stars looks to see how they manage trans-seasonal dressing every year. So carry on reading if you want to discover some of the most unexpected, yet coolest ways to dress this Autumn.
- * Warm up your favourite summer tee-shirt, by pairing it with and oversized jacket and scarf. Roll up the sleeves on your jacket on those not-so-chilly days for added style points
- * Ladies, grab your boyf’s hoody and slip it on over your sexiest skirt for a fancy look that is still cosy. Pair with some white sneakers for preppy cool
- * If you bought into the wide trouser trend in summer, dress them up for winter with a thin knit and those essential white winter boots
- * You probably wore your lacy camisole with some high-waited shorts in the summer, but in winter it pairs better with a bang on trend blazer and some rolled up jeans
- * Your summer maxi dress is perfect for layering – so pair it with a white tee and womens parka coats with fur hoods for perfect winter style
- * In fact, you can wear all of your summer dresses in autumn by just pairing them with a turtleneck or chunky knit
- * Channel the 90s this winter by adding a checked jacket and some closed toed flats to your wardrobe, perfect for layering over your summer stuff
- * Keep cool in your long-sleeved jumpsuit by layering it over a longline bralette and leaving it unbuttoned.
- * Pop your summer denim mini over some opaque tights and layer with a chunky knit to extend its wardrobe life
- * Wear your summer frilly dress to work by popping it over a collared blouse and wearing with some trendy mules
- * Our go to autumn look is a white t-shirt and slouchy trousers which this year we are pairing with some sick white boots. A combination that never fails
- * Summer slipdresses and strappy jumpsuits can be worn well into winter, by just pairing them with a long-sleeved white shirt or tee
- * Instead of popping your mini dress over some tights, why not find some trousers in the same colour and voila! Your dress becomes a longline top!
- * Micro pleated midis were everywhere this summer, and there is no need to pack them away just yet. Pair them with some pointed boots and a slouchy hoodie for winter style, and add a sleek belt and structured bag for polish
- * We’ve all worn our Pyjamas to Tesco right? Right? Well this winter it is acceptable to wear your PJ’s out of the house – as long as they are silky ones! Pair some silky PJ pants with a longline chunky sweater and heels for a nighttime look that is super cosy.
- * When in doubt, just throw on a longline jacket with your summer favourites and they will instantly become suitable for winter!
- * White jeans are not just for summer, they work all year round. Pair them with a dark knit and patterned jacket to bring them bang up to date.
- * The sportsluxe trend shows no sign of flagging, so you can happily wear your oversized tracksuit bottoms and bright hoody with pride
These are just some of our ideas on how to take your summer essentials into autumn, but we are sure there are more. After all, just slipping a puffer jacket over anything will help!
Show us how you are taking your Tokyo Laundry summer wardrobe into Autumn over on Instagram using #TOKYOLAUNDRYSTYLE or tagging us for a chance to be featured.